Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gano Life Style Part 3

Stella & Dot Founder Jessica Herrin: I'm 'Living My One Precious Life In Accordance With My Values' The Huffington Post | By Margaret Wheeler Johnson Posted: 08/28/2013 11:12 am EDT | Updated: 08/28/2013 12:32 pm EDT
How do you define success? Living my one precious life in accordance with my values. It's not a monetary figure, it's the amount of impact and joy that I'm creating in my life. I want to see the world and travel and have adventures. I want to have a full and rich life as a mother, as an individual, and from a work perspective, I want to make an impact. I want to get up in the morning and know that what I do makes other people's lives a bit better. Are you successful? Absolutely. I always want to achieve more, but I think the beauty of being 40 is that you recognize that if you wake up and you're happy that day, you're successful. What does an average day look like for you? I wake up early in the morning and work from home, then I am usually in the office or in the field with stylists, and then I'm home for dinner with my family. I may log back on and do a few more things from home. Do you exercise? I feel like I don't have time not to exercise. I can spend 28 minutes on a three mile run and feel like I get back three hours of energy. Long ago I realized I'm never going to have enough time to get everything I want to do done, so I might as well exercise and still have all that other stuff to do. Some things are going to be left undone every single day, and exercise cannot be one of them. Where do you do your best work? Running. That's why I've committed to exercise. My morning run is when my head is most clear and when I synthesize all of the things that are going on in my head. When I'm running I'm always three to five years out in my mind. As a leader that's where I need to spend time. Has a big meeting ever conflicted with the school play or some version of that scenario, and what did you do? I control the meeting schedule, so I go to the school play, and I move [the meeting]. [When you're] running a business, there isn't [often] something that can't be moved up or back 30 minutes. My travel schedule [i]s my biggest challenge, but I plan very carefully a year in advance around my kids' school calendar. [My husband and I] have [also] evolved our careers over time to work together as a family. His used to involve a lot more travel, and he switched his role so that we weren't going in two different directions at the same time. Please contact me for information on how you can own your own home based business.

1 comment:

  1. Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for earnings $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete