Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gano Life Style Part 5

Stella & Dot Founder Jessica Herrin: I'm 'Living My One Precious Life In Accordance With My Values' The Huffington Post | By Margaret Wheeler Johnson Posted: 08/28/2013 11:12 am EDT | Updated: 08/28/2013 12:32 pm EDT
What has been the most stressful part of your career? When I had a toddler and a newborn and [was] figuring how I was going to build a company and make sure that I was the one taking my daughter to swim class on Fridays. That was when I was most stressed, trying to reconcile these two people that I felt were within me, this very, very driven entrepreneur and this very old-school nurturing mother. I was raised Italian. [Part of me] wants to have ten kids and do everything with them all day. Could you have the life you have if you worked for someone else? No. I wouldn't be as happy. Being in charge of my own schedule [and] running my own business is critical for my life plan. I could be a Stella & Dot stylist and run my own business -- it doesn't have to be something that I created -- but I need to be in control of my own calendar. What advice would you give your 25-year-old self? It's not about being right, it's about making it right and helping everyone around you be successful. I've always been a person who's go go go, so I think when I was 25, I didn't understand when other people didn't want to devote themselves to only work. I was a terrible, terrible people manager at 25. Please contact me for information on how you can own your own home based business.

No comments:

Post a Comment