Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gano Life Style Part 4

Stella & Dot Founder Jessica Herrin: I'm 'Living My One Precious Life In Accordance With My Values' The Huffington Post | By Margaret Wheeler Johnson Posted: 08/28/2013 11:12 am EDT | Updated: 08/28/2013 12:32 pm EDT
Who does grocery shopping, bill paying, etc. at your house? I outsource the laundry and grocery shopping. When I first had kids, I tried to be a superwife and a supermom and do everything, and I realized that was a formula for disaster. My kids don't need me to be the one making a five-course dinner. They need me to be on the floor playing with them. We can eat something somebody else made. We can get something delivered. I have a golden rule I live by which is if [the task involves being] eyeball to eyeball with my kid, I do it. If [it doesn't], I can get somebody else to do that so I can spend more time being eyeball to eyeball. Do you have a work persona and non-work persona? No. I think it would be exhausting to try to be somebody else at work [other than] who you really are. Are you close friends with anyone you work with or worked with in the past? Absolutely. I've had other executives tell me [not to], but I just don't understand that. If you spend all this time with people that you work with, to not feel like they're your friends is crazy. Please contact me for information on how you can own your own home based business.

No comments:

Post a Comment